Product Review: FB Influence 2.0 (Facebook) by Amy Porterfield
I am a big fan of Amy Porterfield. Her podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy, is one of the podcasts that I listen to every week. For those of you that don’t know Amy, here is some background information on her.
- She previously worked for Tony Robbins as Director of Content Creation where she managed large-scale online marketing campaigns
- She left working with Tony go start her own business
- She is co-author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies
- She has spoken at numerous marketing conferences
- She creates tons of content – blogs, webinars, podcasts and videos
- At the time of this writing, she has over 67,000 Facebook fans
One of the ways that Amy (and many online marketers) makes money is to create electronic products or courses and sell them online. One of Amy’s products is called FB Influence. The program was created as a course to train people entrepreneurs and business owners on how to use Facebook as part of the marketing, customer interaction and profit strategy for their business.
What is FB Influence?
FB (Facebook) influence is a video series created by Amy. It is broken up into 4 modules, each with 5 videos. These videos range in length from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.
Module 1 – The Foundation for Facebook Success
– Module 1.1 – The 7 Core Rules of Facebook Marketing
– Module 1.2 – How To Strategically Brand Your Facebook Page
– Module 1.3 – Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Your Facebook Page
– Module 1.4 – An Insider’s View of Your Facebook Page Dashboard
– Module 1.5 – Facebook Insights – Monitoring and Measuring For Facebook Success
To be honest, I was a little disappointed at first. I’ve been a Facebook user since it was still be rolled out to college and not available to everyone yet. As a result, I have a pretty good understanding of the fundamentals. With that said, not everyone has that level of knowledge, so I understand the time spent on the introductions. With that said, section 1.5 did show me several things that I did not realize about Facebook insights, which is a set of very powerful analysts that is the core of Facebook as a marketing platform.
Module 2 – Growing a Lucrative Fan Base
– Module 2.1 – How To Use Graph Search To Find Your Ideal Audience Inside Facebook
– Module 2.2 – 5 Proven Strategies To Grow Your Fan Base
– Module 2.3 – How to Create Facebook Custom Apps To Enhance Fan Experience
– Module 2.4 – How To Create An Inexpensive Ad Campaign To Grow Your Fan Base
– Module 2.5 – Quick Tips To Make Your Facebook Marketing Campaign Mobile Ready
This section was the start of what I was looking to get out of this program. I’ve started multiple businesses and have Facebook pages for each of them. For the most part, I am not utilizing them to their full potential. Even for our best page, Warsaw Wine & Spirits, there is still a lot that I can learn. I had seen graph search before, but never fully understood the potential of it in terms of understanding our fans and their interests. There are so many gold nuggets in this section in building your page fans, which is fundamental to your success on Facebook, and ultimately in your business.
Module 3 – Building Your Authority and Becoming the Go-To Source
– Module 3.1 – Facebook Content What To Post And When To Post
– Module 3.2 – 7 Surefire Strategies To Create Engagement
– Module 3.3 – Tips To Build Your Authority On Facebook
– Module 3.4 – Tips & Strategies For Facebook Contests & Giveaways
– Module 3.5 – How To Leverage The Management Of Your Facebook Page
As your strategies from module 2 begin to pay off with more fans, it then becomes ever more important to run your Facebook page correctly. This module contains a ton of actionable tips for topics such as when/how to post and how to get people to see you as the expert. I particularly like the last module as managing social media can be a big burden for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Module 4 – Turning Fans Into Loyal Customers
– Module 4.1 – Three Steps To Turn Your Page Into A Lead Generating Machine (Part 1)
– Module 4.2 – Three Steps To Turn Your Page Into A Lead Generating Machine (Part 2)
– Module 4.3 – How To Sell On Facebook
– Module 4.4 – How To Create & Promote An Event On Facebook
– Module 4.5 – How To Get Quick Results With FB Influence – Tips For Taking Action & Getting Momentum
I really likes Amy’s approach towards Facebook and selling as it aligns very close to my beliefs before learning about her. She believes that Facebook (along with e-mail list building) are great ways to create fans, but most of your selling is not done directly on these mediums. Instead, these mediums allows you to build a fan base and provide content/engage with then, so that every so often you can sprinkle in some promotions and actually direct people outside of Facebook. This direction can be to your website, webinar or sales page. Again, my favorite module is the last one, which is how to get results with FB Influence. I feel like this should have been the first and last video, as just watching the video is not the way to use this product. It is so very important to actually implement what she is describing.
– Bonus #1 – Content Marketing Power Plays: 50 Strategic Facebook Posts You Can Model to Boost Your Overall Engagement
– Bonus #2 – 3 Ways to Use Facebook Groups to Attract and Keep Customers
– Bonus #3 – 50 Stunning, Ready-Made Image Quotes To Increase Your Engagement
– Bonus #4 – The 3-Step Lead Generating Facebook Blueprint
– Bonus #5 – New “Members-Only” Training Workshops Each Time Facebook Makes a Major Change or Update
– Bonus #6 – Full Access Member Support with our Private FBinfluence Facebook Group
I believe that this program delivers a TON of value for price. Some people may look at $97 as expensive, but I look at it as cheap for what this program can do for you and your business. Here is why:
- Marketing is one of the fundamental elements of business, because if people don’t know about you or your product, then you or your product does not exist to them. Marketing has shifted from 10 years ago. Never before has there been a platform where users off up so much information about themselves, nor a platform that aggregates that data for targeting.
- Facebook has differences between profiles (personal) and pages (business). There are many differences between these pages, but one of the big ones is that most of your posts from your business page will never been seen by your audience. This is because Facebook uses Edge Rank to determine which posts should be shown to people who like your page, and Edge Rank is based on things such as number of likes, number of clicks and number of comments. If you are not aware of Edge Rank or not focused on creating engaging posts, then much of your Facebook marketing efforts will be a waste.
- A lot of the information that Amy provides is available from other sources (including her own podcast), but there is also a lot that is not available anywhere else. Mush of what Amy shares comes directly from her experience of working with Facebook for years, not just for her own business, but also for many major clients. I’m a big believer in spending your time wisely, and $97 is a small price to pay to have all of the information collected and shared in such an organized an actionable format.
- FB Influence is available in every format that you need (video, audio, powerpoint, transcript), so you can consume it in whatever format works for you.
- The free bonuses are great. Not only will some of them help you get started right away, but access to the private Facebook group is huge. You can learn from others questions, as well as ask questions of your own.
- They offer a 60 day, 100% money back guarantee for the FB Influence. That is pretty solid. I rarely see 60 day return policies, and it just shows that Amy stands behind her product.
To summarize, I believe this is a great investment for anyone that wants to really take advantage of Facebook for marketing, whether you are a single blogger, entrepreneur, small business or even a large company. These strategies work across the board and will be one of the best $97 that you spend on your business this year. We only recommend products that we use and love, and this one fits both categories.
If you are interested in learning more about FB Influence or would like to purchase the program, you can do so by clicking here.
Have you use FB Influence or do you have any questions that we can help with? Leave a comment below.