In this episode, we help you establish a weekly plan that you can repeat week after week to help you organize all of your work, stay on task and get more done.
Our previous 2 episodes discussed productivity drains and some strategies to overcome them. Today, we pull it all together and help you establish a weekly cadence of planning and execution. Be sure to grab our free guide that walks through this process as well.
Episode Key Points
- Understanding and applying Lean concepts means more value and less waste
- Defining a way to capture and organize all your tasks will make sure you don’t lose things
- Capturing tasks will also allow you to free up your mind and not feel like you have to do them immediately
- The importance of establishing consistency in your weekly routine
- Prioritize your tasks so you make sure that you are working on the most important tasks
- We recommend doing a weekly time audit to determine where your time goes
- Realize that life will happen and may throw off your productivity for a day or a week, but make sure you bounce back
- Writing down everything you do each week will help you see where your time goes and is a starting point for outsourcing
- To track your work, you can either count your tasks and see how many are left, or estimate them and track how much is left
- At the end of the week, do a weekly review to identify wins, losses and what changes to make for improvements