Episode Overview – Getting Your Business Started on Social Media
Social media is everywhere these days. If you are not using some form of social media for your business, then you are missing out on a big opportunity to expand your brand, get in front of your target audience and increase your customers.
But it can be overwhelming. What sort of strategy should you employ? Which social networks should you use? How often should you post? In this episode, we are going to provide an introduction to some of the most common social media channels and explain how to get started on social media for your business.
Episode Key Timestamps
- 00:58 – Show introduction and background
- 04:06 – What is social media?
- 06:12 – The popular social media networks
- 09:54 – Overview of LinkedIn
- 10:42 – Overview of Pinterest
- 12:11 – Overview of YouTube, Periscope, Snapchat & Facebook Live
- 14:10 – How social media has affected small businesses
- 16:44 – Social media analytics & online marketing
- 21:50 – Crafting your social media strategy
- 26:46 – Finding a social media automation tool
- 29:44 – Social media marketing and advertising
- 33:00 – Initial steps to take with social media
- 34:59 – Tip of the week