What is a Mastermind?
A Mastermind is essentially a group of people who leverage the knowledge, power and accountability of the group to drive everyone towards their goals. Members of the group are expected to be committed to the group. They should be honest and trustworthy, willing to set goals and hold themselves and others in the group accountable.
Napoleon Hill dedicated an entire chapter of his classic “Think and Grow Rich” to the topic of masterminds.
“The coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.”
“No two minds ever come together without thereby creating a third, invisible intangible force, which may be likened to a third mind [the master mind].”
Why Should I Pay For a Mastermind?
Masterminds typically come in 2 forms: free and paid. There are benefits to both types (see below).
Pros/Cons of a Non-Paid Mastermind
- Pro – No Cost: A big benefit of a non-paid mastermind is that it does not cost money to join. If you can find a quality Mastermind that you can join without cost, that is great and you should take advantage of it.
- Con – Quality Can Vary: Free mastermind groups can range in quality. Some are very high quality with great individuals, some people tried to put together by themselves because they either could not find one that would let them join or they did not want to pay.
- Con – Variable Commitment: The real value of a Mastermind comes from its members and their commitment. Members need to be committed to attend meetings and contribute. Without paying for a mastermind (having “skin in the game” financially), some members may not be as committed, which will hurt the mastermind.
Benefits of a Paid Mastermind
- Easier When Starting: When you are first getting started, it can be difficult to join a quality Mastermind group. The value of a Mastermind is directly related to the experience/commitment of the members and the facilitator. When you are new, many quality Mastermind groups will most likely not allow you to join because the rest of the group is further along their entrepreneurial journey. By joining a paid Mastermind, you don’t run into this problem.
- Accountability: Many Masterminds fail because the members are not committed. By paying for a Mastermind, you yourself will have an extra incentive to be committed since you paid money for the group. Additionally the rest of the group should be committed for the same reason and the cost of the group will most likely weed out those who are not committed or serious.
- Leadership: If you are paying for a Mastermind, you will most likely have a leader/facilitator with quite a bit of experience. Having this leadership will not only lead to a more successful group, but you will learn from the leader as well as the other group members.
- Similar Point in Their Journey: When working with others, the best people to work with are those who are a little further along than you. People who are not as far along tend to drag you down, you will slow down those who are much further along than you. We would all probably love to be in a Mastermind with Mark Cuban, but it would not make sense because we would just drag him down and not provide the value of someone else at his level. When paying for a Mastermind, the coach/facilitator should understand this and group you with other individuals who match.
What Does the Mastermind Include?
We believe there is a lot of value in what we offer. When you look for a coach, you want someone who has done what you are looking to do and also has the ability to not only share their knowledge/experience, but also motivate and hold you accountable so that you can succeed. We fit that bill. We have started and run several businesses in various industries, both online and offline.
This 8 week Mastermind is composed of the following:
- Small & Personal Sessions: This Mastermind is capped at 4 spots, so you will have the ability to interact directly with the other group members as well as Ariana and I.
- 8 Weeks of Facilitation: This Mastermind will run for 8 weeks. The group will meet once a week (either in person or on a conference call). Each week will consist of a 1 hour meeting as well as “homework” to complete during the week.
- Bring Your Partner for Free: Unlike many of the other Masterminds/coaching available to entrepreneurs, we focus on your personal relationships in addition to building a business. As a result, not only can you bring your significant other/business partner, but we encourage it! So much of the success of being an entrepreneur and building a strong relationship with your partner and this will be a focus topic of the 8 weeks.
- Access to a Private Facebook Group: All members will be added to a private Facebook group. This will allow the group to ask questions and share resources between the meetings.
- 2 Great Books: We have read a ton of great books over the years. We will provide you copies of 2 of the books that we think are required reading for entrepreneurs.
- A 50% Reduced Rate: For this first Mastermind only, we are offering a 50% off rate. After this Mastermind fills up, the rate for future sessions will return to the normal price. So it pays to take action!
- Ability to Decide Group’s Future: Our goal with this group is to connect them to like minded people get everyone started. At the end of the 8 weeks, the group can decide its future. Our hope is that the group will mesh well, find value by working together and be able to continue meeting on their own without us. If the group feels like they need additional coaching/guidance, Ariana and I can stay on and continue facilitating the group. Or if the group feels like it received value but doesn’t want to continue, it can disband at the end of the 8 weeks.
Are you ready to make this year the year when you go after your dreams? It will not be easy, we can promise you that. We are not selling you dreams, we are offering you the opportunity to take action, put yourself on a path to achieving them and benefit from the power of a Mastermind group.
We started our first business a year after we graduated college. It was very difficult, both on our finances and our relationship, but looking back now, it was one of the best things that we could have done.
THE BEST TIME TO PLANT A TREE WAS 20 YEARS AGO. THE SECOND BEST TIME IS NOW. –CHINESE PROVERB
Normal Price: $1,000 ($125/session)
This Session Only: $500 ($62.5/session)
As mentioned, we are offering a 50% discount for this Mastermind only. If you are interested in joining the group, please fill out the form below and we will schedule some time to chat, understand your goals and ensure that this group is a good fit for you.